Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh Hello, thing I don't want to be reminded of...

Its had been a looooong time since I cleaned out my car, funny that, that I love picking up trash on the beach but when it comes to my car or my room it's kind of a pigsty. Or perhaps a Pug-Sty considering that its Dave The Pug and me. I finally got around to cleaning out the car last weekend and brought in all the stuff that had been in it. The problem with that stuff, is that stuff is all stuff I brought over from my old apartment, that I had initially forgotten but got packed up for me by my ex and his mom. I got through the first wave, but there were a few things left. Among those things were my old dog, Duke's ashes. I have no idea what to do with this. Its strange to hold this box containing the remains of a part of your life. The shell of a departed soul. All that time he shared with me, from the time I was 13 until I was 26. And there's his little body, reduced to ashes held by a little baggie inside a hardwood box. It was almost ten years ago that we put him to sleep, an in spite of having the truly awesome Dave The Pug all this time, somehow I still miss Duke.

I had planned on making this a personal post, but it does tie into my trash blog. One of the things I found on the beach, early on, was a nice little box. It was such a nice little box, I almost kept it, until I picked it up and saw that it was one of these boxes, I don't remember the name of the pet, or even if it still had the name of the pet on it, if it did, it was a common pet name, like "Duke" or "Percy" or "Spot" I do remember that I saw the tag with the name of the pet cemetery that told me what the little box had once held. One side and the ashes were gone, but still, I didn't know what to do with it, and it was only wood, not plastic, so I left it on the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment