Monday, February 15, 2010

Suffering from Lack of Stoke

I was stoked to have the day off, then annoyed that my dog wanted attention, because I had intended to drive down the coast in search of some sun and mellow surf. I made it to the Jetty, then continued on, because it just didn't inspire me. Usually, I'm not picky at all, I'll surf in anything, but I just couldn't get my stoke up enough to put my wetsuit on and paddle out, even after all the work of loading the car and driving all the way down there. The conditions and crowds (Spongers, screaming kids and rental boards as far as the eye could see) and temperature weren't helping, but I'm disappointed in myself and feel guilty for wasting the drive. Still, I got out of the city for a few hours, which I desperately needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment